Dr. Timothy Deer is an anesthesiologist in Charleston, West Virginia and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Saint Francis Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center. He received his medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine and has been in practice for 24 years.
Formato: 11 x 8.6 x 2.2 inches
Peso: 7.1 pounds
Nº de Páginas:1104 pages
Edited by master clinician-experts appointed by the American Academy of Pain Medicine, this is a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary textbook covering medical, interventional, and integrative approaches to the treatment and management of pain. It is designed as a practical and comprehensive primary reference for busy physicians and is also an up-to-date resource for preparing for certification examinations in pain medicine.
· Written and edited by world-class authorities
· “Key Points” preview contents of each chapter
· Leading edge medical topics, such as monitoring opioid use and abuse, and the emerging role of cannabinoids in pain treatment
· Expert guidance on full range of interventional techniques
· Clinical anatomy and physiology for the interventionist
· Behavioral dimensions of the experience and management of pain
· Integrative approaches for treating the “whole person”
· Legal issues, such as failure to treat pain
· First-hand patient accounts